7234 Lansdale St.; District Heights, MD; 20747 (301) 736-7872
Pastor Bobby’s Sunday Brain Dump
- I’m speechless. What a day!
- It was a non-stop, fast paced day… but WOW!
- I had the honor of preaching at my home church, First Baptist Church of Glenarden, this morning at 10am. What a great honor to share God’s Word at the church that shaped me into the Christian I am today.
- Pastor Jenkins asked his three “sons in the ministry,” Pastor Darryl Godlock, Pastor Tyrone Stevenson and myself to preach while he was out of town. This is a HUGE deal for my brothers and I. We were scared to death! LOL.
- When Pastor Jenkins isn’t at FBCG, he brings some of the best preachers in the country. To think that he trusted us with the FBCG pulpit is overwhelming.
- As always, I had a blast preaching! I did a message called “Unleashed,” discussing the importance of overcoming the pain of your past. This message was challenging, convicting, encouraging and fun all at the same time!
- The highlight of the message was an illustration I did with cake ingredients. Trying to explain what happened and how hilarious it was wouldn’t do it justice… you had to be there! LOL.
- Twitter, Instagram and Facebook went crazy after the cake illustration.
- After I got done at FBCG, First Lady LaVera and I hustled over to the Heights just in time for me to walk into the pulpit and continue our “Equipped” series.
- This week we talked about how the gospel is our footgear. The audio of “It’s Gotta Be the Shoes” will be available soon. Stay tuned.
- It’s always fun when our kids lead us in worship. They bring so much energy to the room! I think most of the adults had gotten tired by the 4th song though!
- As our church is growing rapidly, we are beginning to max out space and volunteers in KIDZone. We’re praying for a solution to that, so…
- I’m challenging all of the parents who benefit from KIDZone to give back. If you have kids go to KIDZone, I’m asking that you volunteer one Sunday per month for 3 months. That’s only three times with no obligations after that. Would you take me up on it?
- We had representatives from Regent University at the Heights today. I’m a student at Regent and LOVE IT! Because of our affiliation with Project Bridges, any member of our church can receive a tuition discount at Regent if they attend. If you’re looking to extend your education, I recommend you check it out.
- Our Anniversary Team is working hard to prepare for our Anniversary Celebration in a couple weeks. Although I’m not big on church anniversaries and such, I must admit that I’m very excited about this celebration.
- I’m so excited to have started Bible Study back! Last Wednesday, we had an awesome worship experience led by Enduring Praise and began a series that will equip us with Biblical truth leading up to this years election. Join us Wednesday as we continue our “Your Bible and Your Ballot” discussion.
- We celebrated Levi’s 4th Birthday this past week. He had a blast and you could tell he felt special. That is the BEST feeling as a dad to see your son enjoying his birthday.
- Busy week ahead. Must catch up on work for school and church, but I’m most excited about officiating the wedding of two friends.
- Have a great week! Love you.
Categories: Blog, News